Sunday, November 11, 2018

Been away too long...

I'm so sorry to have neglected my blog; I need to think of it as a journal that someday I will be able to look back on--hopefully fondly rather than with embarrassment. Honestly, what has taken my attention is the political situation in our country. I see that it has been a year since I've been here, and I'm sure I've ranted about our miserable excuse for a leader on Facebook and to my friends, and in the meantime the grands are growing and becoming more amazing by the day. It's not that I don't notice that because I do. I'm present to both of them and delight in their newly emerging personalities nearly daily, at least weekly. I feel very lucky to be able to have this opportunity at my advanced age to have these little folks to love. 

On a less positive note, I am so distressed at our country's devolving into a crass, boorish exclusionary mood because of the antics of our man-child president. He is bringing such humiliation to the office of president, every day. Here it is 11/11/18 and he flew to France to honor the soldiers who died there, along with Germany's Merkel, France's Macron, and even Canada's Trudeau, and he stayed in his hotel room rather than get rained on while the rest of them stood in the rain to honor the brave men and women who fought to their deaths in the mud. I'm so ashamed, as of course he should be, but Trump knows no shame, never felt it.

I've also been writing, so I have something to show for this past year. Now I'm in a quandary about what to do with that writing. I have revised my novel Carved In Stone and it's probably ready for a real edit. I have written several - maybe a dozen short stories that I think have promise, and should enter them in contests or something, but just don't know where to go next. 

Oh, and my friend Jean and her crisis have kept me involved with her. More about that later. 

I just wanted to put this short note here, and make a promise to do better from now on.

Luv, Pat

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you are back in the game Patty! You can chalk this one up as a thank you for helping me out.
    Jim Powell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here! Isn't it nice to know someone reads what you write?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or ask questions. I love the feedback